How do you Nepeta?
Really?? I have in-character pose problems. I’ll fix this in 2013.
I need to cosplay the Leo troll again.
FreezeCat: IDEK WHAT TO DO?!?!?!PortraitOKAYFREEZED:
This was serious.
I had a thing about climbing this statue?
fail photobombing? but turned out really Meowrail awesomeshot.
Photos MadameLapin | LittleGeeky
→[HS cosplay detail list]
Don’t mind me just trying to keep track of HS plans |:
Completed | WIP [not worn]|Planned ←
Default | Godtier | Militarystuck | Prospit |
[Default] | Militarystuck
Default | Godtier
[Default] | Onesie Pj’s
Default | Fancy Dreamer Prospit | Grey Blazer/ Gasmask | Militarystuck |
Default| Godtier | Militarystuck
Military!stuck Cosplay info
I keep getting asked a lot of the same questions about my Militarystuck Karkat cosplay [designs by Mookie ], so figured I’ll make a master post to link back too!
Even though I’ve only cosplayed Karkat most of this info can be applied to other Militarystuck designs! I hope this helps out.
- For the base: I used a British Police officers ‘visor’ hat bought from a UK surplus store. There’s loads of sites, so shop around? I didn’t spend that much & it was brand new too.
- I had attached some fabric around the sides, glued the gold trim, horns and badge all in to the place.
- The badge was originally a ring I managed to find and snap free from it’s hoop and glue it on (I did try making it from clay…but yeah let’s not talk about that ugly thing)
- I used this pattern but modified it to shape the characters design.
- I used this fabric [WIP shots]
- The shirt was just a normal white mens shirt I dyed in giant bowl of tea for a good hour to discoloured it good. Then had fun chopping it up.
Boiling water> Load of tea bags(10?)> Add Shirt> stir every 15 mins> leave an hour for desired colour (I bought some from the £1 store for this!)
Yes I forgot some details before Amecon >___<!
but I’m sorting this out before Oct London Expo!
- The under collar will be made out of some white fabric I have left over, dyed in the tea method and created in to the ruffle technique; gathering the fabric & wearing it under the other shirt.
- minor details: Karkat has some ‘gaffer tape, duct tape’ attached to his jacket, so simply any grey fabric would suit unless you actually want to be resourceful and use duct tape.
- Most things are maybe things you already have in your wardrobe but if you don’t ebay is the savior. I’m glad I found my gloves on it before the con.
- My medical eye patch was from Japan I’ve used for several Ciel Phantomhive cosplays from a few years ago, you might find it on-line somewhere.
I think I’ve covered everything here if there is any other questions unanswered just ask~
Your military Karakt is beautiful. Like, really. I plan on, hopefully, doing Militarystuck Karkat next year for Metrocon. I've been looking for any tips and advice I could get for it. Have any you don't mind sharing?
Oh thank you :3
Ahh I don’t really know what to say that can be helpful as tips but I’ve had a couple of asks about this already. I hope this post can answer some queries.